Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Richard Womack of Wilson County, Tennessee

Wilson County, Tennessee
Will Book 1819-1824, p.27-28
Will of Richard Womack

In the name of God Amen, I Richard Wammock of Wilson County and state of Tennessee considering the uncertainty of this life and being of sound mind and memory blessed by Almighty God for the same do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following to wit that is to say.

First of all In [?] all my debts to be paid.

Secondly, I give and bequeath unto my loving wife Rachael Wammock the plantation I live on during her life, also I lend my loving wife my negro man named Caleb and my negro woman named Rhoda enduring her lifetime also my household and kitchen furniture also two head of horses her choice also all the cattle also twenty head of hogs her choice also all the sheep all the above enduring her lifetime, excepting what I shall bequeath hereafter, also I lend my loving wife all my farming tools of every kind enduring her lifetime.

Thirdly I give and bequeath unto my son Richard Wammock the land that he lives on, that is to say the East end of the tract that I purchased from John Doak in his lifetime the dividing line running thus Beginning on the Raspberry Ridge near the standing stones thence running North to a beach on the North boundary line of the said tract so as to inthode [?] the lower field to him and his heir forever.

Fourthly I give & bequeath unto my son Elijah Wammock the plantation that I live on that is to say the west end of the tract of land that I purchased from John Doak in his lifetime as above stated divided by the division line just inventoried that is to say after the death of my loving wife to him and his heirs forever.

Fifthly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Susannah Hubbard and the heirs of her body the first living child that my negro woman Rhoda shall have, but if she should not have another child before the death of my wife then she shall have one hundred dollars in fact after the death of my wife.

Sixthly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Jane Shores my negro boy Mercer to her and her heirs forever.

Seventhly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Lucy Jones my negro boy Abraham to her and the heirs of her body.

Eighthly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Patsey Wammack my negro boy Edmund to her & the heirs of her body also a mare, saddle & bridle to be worth sixty dollars also a cow and a colt also a feather bed and five retuna [?] also four pewter plates & baron [?] also a skillet.

Ninthly I give and bequeath unto my two grandchildren the son and daughter of Joel Wammock dec’d that is to say Michael R Wammock and Elizabeth Crane fifty dollars each also ten dollars for an old wagon to be divided between them that is to say after the death of my wife.

Tenthly I give and bequeath unto the heirs of Jeremiah McKenney dec’d one share to be equally divided between them out of what shall remain after the death of my wife.

Eleventhly I give and bequeath unto my granddaughter Fanny McKenney the daughter of Jeremiah McKenney dec’d one feather bed and furniture.

Twelfthly I give and bequeath unto my sons Richard and Elijah Wammock all the property that is not willed after my death to be equally divided between them that is to say not interfered with what is willed non leave.

Thirteenthly I give and bequeath unto my grandson John Wammock a young sorrel horse that he claims also a saddle and bridle also one cow and calf and a feather bed and furniture that is to say if he shall stay on the farm and behave himself until he is twenty years of age then to be entitled but if he fails not to be entitled to the above property.

Fourteenthly After the death of wife I will that all the property that I have owed [?] to my wife as above to be equally divided among the following heirs to wit, Richard & Elijah Wammock & Jane Shores, Lucy Jones also Patsey Wammock the heirs of Jeremiah McKenney one share and Susannah Hubbard one share and her son Granvell Wammock one fourth of her share but it is to be understood that Richard & Elijah Wammock do draw each a share as above in the division if they shall leave [?] their land that is now in Law but if the land should be garnered [?] then they shall not be entitled to my part of the said division. Let it be understood that I give my Granddaughter Rachel Crate a same fourth part of the part left to her mother Jane Shores.

Lastly I will that John W Payton and Elijah Wammock be my lawful executors to execute this my last will and Testament. In witness whereof I have set my hand & affixed my seal this the 16th day of March in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and nineteen. No security will be required of the Executor,

Richard Wamock {seal}

Witnesses Present
John Green Jurat }
James Cropper Jurat }

State of Tennessee }
Wilson County Court }
November Term 1819
The foregoing last will and testament of Richard Wamock dec’d was exhibited in open Court and proved on the oaths of John Green & James Cropper the subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded.
The same recorded 31st January 1820.
Test John Allcorn Clerk of Wilson County Court

No comments: