Friday, February 27, 2009

Abner Womack of Butler County, Kentucky – 1845 Will

Butler Co, KY Will Book A, p.138-140

Abner Wamack’s Will

In the name of God Amen, I Abner Wamack of the county of Butler and commonwealth of Kentucky do make this my last will and Testament In manner as follows (to wit) Disallowing all Former wills by me heretofore made do make constitute and appoint this my last will and testament In manner and form as follows & c.

1st My soul to God who gave it and my body to the Earth to be buried in a decent manner at the Discretion of my Executor herein after name without pomp or vain Show & c.

2nd All my children and their heirs hereafter named to receive one dollar each viz. James Wamack, Elizabeth Oaley {?}, Margaret Neil Heirs, Lewis Wamack Heirs, Martha L Hargrove, Isabel Hawes, Milly Solomon, Nancy More, Abner Wamack Heirs to be levied out [p.139] of my small mesick {?} that all land North of the beginning of my land be for the youngest son Chapman our {?} corner from my beginning corner till the south west corner of Joseph Forsythe’s old survey and the balance of all land I hold by title to be of any quantity whatever after being laid off afore ably {?} to this division line from my beginning corner a due strait to J Forsythes’s No West corner of his old survey on an elm sapling and high Ridge and whatever balance there may be of all the land I hold title to be the property of Abraham Wamack who I constitute my Executor of this my last will and Testament & Further I will that all my Just debts be punctually paid & made and constituted this [blank] day of [blank] after the sale of my goods In promise of.

3rd I wish to add two more items. I direct that my daughter Milla Sollomon do receive one milck cow out of my estate and further direct that my loom and tackling to them and their heirs forever and further direct that one feather bed one blanket two pillows one sheet one counter pin or bed quilt to my daughter Nancy Moore to her and her children heirs forever. I also give to my grand daughter Eliza Moore one yearling calf to be hers forever the latter clause was added by one of the subscribing witnesses Edw Beeson.

Signed sealed and delivered in presents of us this ninth day of May 1844.

Abner Wamack (seal)

Test
Edw Beeson
Thos Turner


I further direct that after the forenamed legacies {are?} paid that all the balances of my personal Estate I give to my son Abraham Wamack his heirs forever the above clause was added by direction after signing by Edward Beeson May 9th 1844.

[p.140]
State of Kentucky
Butler County Set {?} April Term 1845
I Vincent S Hay clerk of the county court for the county aforesaid do certify that at the April term 1845 of said court the foregoing Instrument of writing purporting to be the last will and testament of Abner Wamack was produced into court and proven by the oaths of Thos Turner and Edw Beeson the two subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded whereupon the same together with this certificate is duly recorded in my office. Given under my hand this 23rd day of April 1845.
V S Hay Clk.

1 comment:

CCHA said...

You may find these sites helpful:

1. Caswell County Historical Association Website:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ncccha/

2. Caswell County, North Carolina GenWeb Website:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nccaswel/index.htm

3. Caswell County Family Tree:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=caswellcounty

4. CCHA/CCGW Message Board:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ncccha/

5. CCHA Web Log:
http://ncccha.blogspot.com/

6. Caswell County Photograph Collection:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncccha/

7. Caswell County Cemetery Census:
http://cemeterycensus.com/nc/casw/